Sunday, November 11, 2012

Old White Dresser

(SOLD)

Click on pictures to enlarge.

I was lucky enough to find this dresser by White Furniture Company on CL not far from my house.  It was in great condition aside from the dated look.  It has dovetailed drawers that slide open and close perfectly and wooden drawer tracks.  I painted it in Old White, distressed it, and waxed with clear wax.  The top has been restained in dark walnut.

It has great original hardware.



I painted the drawers inside and out with a light coat of french linen so that the wood grain still shows through.



Here is the before:


and the top after being stripped - I love seeing the gorgeous wood underneath the old stain!


This piece would look great in a dining room as a buffet or sideboard, in a living room under as a console under a flat screen, or in a bedroom as a dresser!


Sharing with:









7 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous!!! And I love the original hardware- beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed! It looks fabulous! I swear I'm going to try this SOON....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I have a dresser very similar and can't wait to make it look like this! LOVE the walnut top! Makes it pop against the white paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the after has feet added to it. How did you go about making/adding feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      Sorry, the comments don't come to my email sometimes so I never see them. My husband attached wood blocks underneath and the feet were screwed into the blocks.

      Delete