Saturday, February 9, 2013

Vintage Vanity

Sold
This vintage vanity with curved drawers has been painted in ASCP in French Linen, lightly distressed, and sealed with clear wax.  The top has been refinished in dark walnut and the inside of the drawers painted in Louis Blue.  I found it in a thrift store and it was in great shape with the original hardware.  The mirror is also in excellent condition and ready to hang.
***Click on pics to enlarge***



 




 Someone had refinished it in maybe mahogany with a very glossy topcoat.


9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Love it, Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I'm your newest follower ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love French Linen and paired with a dark top it is just beautiful!!
    Lisa @ {createinspire}

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i'm following the "clever chicks" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, Love! I haven't tried the French Linen yet and after seeing your piece I need to order some. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie,

    The desk and mirror in French Linen are beautiful. And the curves and detail of the desk make it that much more special. Also, refinishing the top is such a nice tounch! Well done!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that desk and mirror. It was my parents. Did you have to prime it so that the Mahogany didn't bleed through?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! What brand of paint did you use for the top and did you have to strip/sand? Thank you

    ReplyDelete