Friday, May 10, 2013

Weathered French Grey Dresser

Sold
I found this antique chest on CL as a make an offer.  I generally don't respond to those because I just don't have a clue what they are wanting for it, but I had been watching it and it wasn't going anywhere.  I made an offer and he asked if I could pick it up that day - yes I can!  It was a Friday and he and his family were moving to Alaska on Monday.  It belonged to his grandmother and it was being used in his little girl's room.  It didn't have the original hardware and it needed a little wood filler here and there, but it was a beautiful solid piece with great details.  Lucky me.  :)  I painted it with a mix of AS Paris Grey and Graphite and a little Old White at the end.  I found the perfect pulls at Hobby Lobby.

**Click on pics to enlarge**



Love these legs!




Drawer on right is divided into 3 sections.



Before:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the white in the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I absolutely LOVE the color and the distressing!

    Have a blessed and amazing day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color! I have a water fall dresser that would look great like this! Pinning:) http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/beachy-signs.html

    ReplyDelete