Monday, January 27, 2014

French Chest In Grey & White

My parents picked this one up for me because it was closer to them.  It's nice that they are always willing to make a furniture run for me!  :)  It's from Landstrom Furniture in Rockford Illinois - never heard of it but it's a 3 drawer solid wood mahogany french chest with dovetail construction.  It would have been beautiful refinished, but painting is what I do.  I sanded down the top in case I decided to stain it, but was pretty sure I was going to paint it anyway.  Good thing because there were several water rings that I couldn't sand out.  I painted in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and Pure White and sealed with clear wax.  I went over the pulls lightly with Pure White and sealed with Miss Mustard Seed's white wax.

Find me on Facebook

(Sold)
49 1/2"W x 35"H x 21"D







 Before:

On a side note I use these brushes for waxing and buffing my hardware.  Love them!


Linking to:
The Flying C
Miss Mustard Seed

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Steph! I found your blog through your FB page. Your furniture is absolutely beautiful!

    I am starting a link party on January 31st, every Friday-Sunday. I would love to have you come and share your work! Flyingc-diy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color combo! It looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiful! I love the color choice and design. Well done!
    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday I hope to paint something as beautiful as this.
    I am entering retirement but too young to retire I am going to start slow with a couple of frames and a couple of jars and lamps just to get the chalk paint down this is so beautiful . I have two sets of French provincial that I want to paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I retired in 4-20 My husband & I just DIY our main bath I learned everything from Pinterest. For about $500 total as opposed to paying somebody it looks BEAUTIFUL. My next task is a Tv ARMOUR & then were working on the yard. I wish I knew how to share pictures.

      Delete