Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Farmhouse Chest in Shutter Gray

Find me on FB here.

I thought this would be the perfect piece to try out Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Shutter Gray.  I had a feeling it wouldn't chip much on it's own because the chest didn't seem like it had much of if any topcoat on it.  It was in really good shape for as old as it is.  The dovetails are hand cut.  I had a couple of antique dealers look at it and they thought maybe late 1800's to early 1900's.  New or old this is one of my favorite styles of furniture!  

When it didn't chip on it's own I distressed with sand paper on the body of the chest.  One the drawers I lightly ran a putty knife over them and it did some chipping.  I should have done that on the body of it, but didn't think of it until I had already sanded - live and learn.  :)  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and will definitely be using milk paint again!

(Sold)
43 1/2"H x 42 1/2"W x 20"D





Linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed

No comments:

Post a Comment